Manuela made me do it!

Dump Terry Bernardo

The article Madame Chairman / Does Bernardo Have Her Eyes On Mike Hein’s Job? – published yesterday in Shawangunk Journal – contains plenty of seeds from Terry Bernardo’s pumpkin:

“I’ve been chairman of many things,” she said…

Her first foray into politics came in the sixth grade when a gym teacher planned on canceling a softball game to which “I had looked forward to all my life.”

Not until she met John Bonacic at Skate Time 209, the roller rink she owns with her husband Len, did politics come up again.

“I couldn’t have told you I was registered as a Republican — when you’re working in Manhattan, all you do is work — but he and Sue Cummings knew, and they asked me to run for county legislature,” she recalled.

“Len did not want to be involved in politics — that wasn’t his thing.”

Bernardo admits that she doesn’t easily escape politics at home.

“Some husbands and wives hunt together, or play tennis, but our hobby is politics,” she explained.

While she isn’t seeking the office of County Executive for herself, “A lot of people have that aspiration for me…”

“I only ran for chairman because my opponent goaded me,” she explained, noting how her fellow Rochester resident, and former councilwoman Manuela Mihailescu “said that if I won I would run for chairman, and she said it so many times that I decided, ‘Fine, if I win I will run.'”

What an amazing display of bull! Lenny had no interest in politics? Lots of people want her to be County Executive? And the one who takes the cake: Manuela made me do it! I’ve told you for years that Terry Bernardo is a liar: a few months in her first year as legislator she wanted to be the chairwoman.

Do not believe me. Ask David O’Halloran, and the rest of Town of Rochester Republican Committee, how the Bernardos worked diligently behind the scenes to oust then Legislature Chairman Fred Wadnola. Read the Freeman article:

Zimet, D-New Paltz, said Wadnola, R-Ulster, promised not to retaliate against Accord Republican Terry Bernardo for considering launching a challenge to Wadnola’s bid for a second term as the Legislature’s chairman.

Wadnola said he replaced Bernardo with Woodstock Democrat Brian Shapiro as Government Operations and Efficiency chairman because “I need to have a chairman that I trust and feel would do the best job for the residents of the county.”

All this scheming happened a full year before Manuela Michailescu pointed out the dangers of electing the politically ambitious Terry Bernardo to represent us in the Ulster County Legislature.

As anyone with an IQ higher than the district number agrees now, Manuela was right.

– Jon Dogar-Marinesco

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Manuela made me do it!

1. Anonymous says:

I haven’t laughed so hard in years! This Bulls**t is the funniest thing she came up with yet.
    I have to go change my pants now 🙂 !

2. Anonymous says:

A nut is a nut is a nut. Must have fallen one too many times at the rink.

3. Anonymous says:

I attended the Republican Caucus in August 2011 when Manuela said she doesn’t have any political ambitions but just wants to serve the people in her district; after hearing this, a very angry Terry Bernardo hit the lectern and said something like “you can bet your last dollar that I want to run for Chair of the Legislature if I win” and said her motivation was to “bring jobs to Rochester and our part of the County”! Where are the jobs, Madame Chairman?

4. Anonymous says:

Probably Bernardo cannot believe herself the mistake she made, becoming Chair of the Legislature. A fatal error on her part, because she exposed herself — the “holes” in her character, lack of leadership skills and experience became so obvious!

5. Anonymous says:

Jon was way too kind and did not post the whole article, which is revealing in its entirety: “she views herself as someone who is good at organizing systems and people, skills that she believes would allow her to excel at anything from county executive to housewife.” Really? What did she actually “excel” at, except benefiting from deals and paying back friends? Does “organizing people” include rushing Karen’s death?

6. Anonymous says:

This is some line of Sh89. Her saying she will run for anything is wrong. She has NEVER ran in an election and won. Her husband bribes and buys people to get her a seat and the chair. Everyone in the county knows.

7. Anonymous says:

She already has a small tool in her box her husband. The little guy’s not real bright.

What do you have to say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s