As Chair of the Legislature, Terry Bernardo deferred the three most important policy decisions to the County Executive:
- The sharing of Safety Net costs
- The ever-increasing subsidies to the Resource Recovery Agency
- The Golden Hill Nursing Home
As a Republican, Terry Bernardo…
- Conspired to usurp the Chair of the Legislature from fellow Republican Fred Wadnola
- Worked hard to remove fellow Republican Carl Chipman as Rochester’s Supervisor
- Hired an out-of-county Independence Party leader as the legislative attorney and an out-of-county economic advisor over county Republican attorneys and economic development experts
As a taxpayers’ watchdog, Terry Bernardo…
- Significantly increased the payroll for the Legislature’s staff
- Used taxpayer dollars to rent the UPAC theater to stage what amounted
to political grandstanding
- Worked extensively for, and threatened to sue the county to keep the tax break for Skate Time 209 – her own business!
- Voted against selling the UCCC president’s taxpayer-funded perk mansion to fund a residence for homeless veterans
- Voted against a property tax break for first time house buyers
As a political figure, Terry Bernardo played no role in…
- The Safety Net takeover plan
- The Resource Recovery Agency’s Flow Control plan
- Privatizing the Golden Hill Nursing Home Plan
- Preventing NYC from destroying public and private property by releasing muddy water into the Esopus
- Negotiating the settlements for the homes flooded by the NYC’s aqueduct
– Jon Dogar-Marinesco
All that may be true, but over 4 years she has successfully transormed her personal style from the Skatetime-McDonalds employee look-a-like to Nancy Pelosi! It may be worth voting for terry just to see what she will become next?
That about says it all Jon. 4 years wrapped up into 1 paragraph.
Bernardo has to go. Once gone the legislature can get back to being productive and relevant.
Imagine a staff that isn’t drunk or in and out of rehab! How is it okay to have that representing