Rochester comics

Jon Dogar-Marinesco

Everybody knows that Clark Kent – the fictional character appearing since June 1938 in stories published by DC Comics – serves as the secret identity of the superhero Superman.

Less known is the fact that Clark Kent (Superman) sends morning emails to Manuela Michailescu (my Superwoman wife):

Jon Dogar-Marinesco

The email wants us to believe that somebody is furious because the Supervisor is “appointing” somebody to the Planning Board while somebody is scouting for conservative applicants.

Our Clark Kent intended to stir up trouble, knowing that Manuela would share the email with me, and hoping that I would post it on this blog.

Which I did, after I took the liberty to obliterate all names.

Care to venture a guess as to who sent the email?

– Jon Dogar-Marinesco

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Rochester comics

1. Anonymous says:

I’ll take a guess. Steve Fornal will be appointed. More so who’s the town board going to appoint for Tavi Cilenti’s replacement since he’s now relocated?

2. Anonymous says:

A rousing chorus of “The wheels on the skate go round and round”, perhaps?

3. Anonymous says:

no one but ohalloran cares about planning board my guess is ohalorran

4. Carl Chipman says:

The funny thing is that there is no truth to this. I’ve not discussed placing anyone on the planning board and I do not have the power of anything more than my one vote out of 5 to appoint anyone. I think someone is trying to stir the pot. Not like that is anything new in our lovely town.

As far as Tavi’s seat on the board goes, It is not open as he has not resigned or officially established residency elsewhere. He still owns his house here and still pays his fair share of taxes here. Tavi will decide if and when to resign as long as he maintains his legal status to serve on the town board. I’m sick and tired of all the rumors and suggestions from various factions ever since Tavi decided to buy property in Tennessee. If Tavi resigns, we will advertise and interview applicants for the open seat. There will have to be 3 out of 4 of the members of the board agreeing on a candidate for an appointment to be made. If that is not possible, then the law provides for the governor to appoint someone until an election could be held in November. Even if a person is appointed, that person must run for election in November to serve the rest of the unexpired term.

I find much of the conjecture going on to be distasteful and akin to divvying up a terminally ill persons belongings before he or she is dead. We need less concern for power and influence in our community and more concern as to making our town a better place to live, work, and play.

• Anonymous says:

Carl, I believe there’s a valid point here. Councilman Tavi Cilenti made it very public that he was moving from this state. Tennessee has very strict laws regarding it’s residency. Because of TN state laws regarding vehicle tax, you have 30 days to register your vehicle as well as obtaining a state driver’s LC if qualified (exemption-military). If you fail to do this, you can be arrested. Regardless if he owns property (tax payer), where he resides determines his eligibility to hold office. I wish Tavi the best. Obviously before his term expires he will have to resign. To suggest this is just rumor, is false. Hopefully for the residents of this town to get fair representation, once he resigns, they will make an appointment.

5. Anonymous says:

Carl, many will be glad to hear that it’s just a rumor. Appointments of extremist, right or left, does not benefit the town in the long run. Your wide support comes from a moderate position on social issues and a fiscal conservative tax policy. Move too far away from either of those positions, your supporters will be cut in half.

What do you have to say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s